Tuesday, December 5, 2006

The First Day.

Everything is very exciting right away. Trot came over and I was up at 7:50. It's going to be a productive day. I found when you get up and do something right away, it's easier to continue that trend. Anyway back to the subject at hand. The Purpose Driven Life.
IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!
is the overriding principle.

Sticking with this theme of it's not about me...

I'm thinking of situations today where someone will ask me to help them do something or move something or whatever the case may be. It will be a lot easier to say 'Yes, I can help' or 'yes, I can do that' if I can keep in mind that my life isn't about me.

1 comment:

MatthewTrotter said...

That is an excellent point noah. The fact that people are too busy in their lives to help someone in need. It could be as simple as picking up a piece of paper or even helping them up from the ground from falling on an icy day. I agree totally with this chapter helping you realize that it is about other people.